What's Coming Up?
Wednesdays, May 5-26 3:30-5:30pm in the Conference Room
Dusty Taylor will be hosting our Confirmation Class for our rising 6th graders. Students will learn about the foundations of Christianity, as well as what it means to be a member of Troy FUMC. Contact Dusty to sign up!
Vacation Bible School
June 13-17 5:30-8:00pm
We're so excited for VBS this summer! Kids entering K4 - 3rd Grade will enjoy a fun time at our Rocky Railway experience. Grab a friend and sign up today!
In Person Worship Resumes at Troy First
We are reminded in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 to, “Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will
for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” When life is good and all is going well it is easy to be thankful.
However, at other times it is difficult, bordering on impossible. Hopefully we are turning the
corner to a place where it will not be a shear act of the will to be thankful, but gratitude will flow
easily. Why do I say this? Because after several weeks of not being able to meet together for
worship, that will change Sunday morning, June 7 at both 8:30 and 11:00.
We have been living in the midst of almost constant change during our time apart and those
changes will continue. Worship will not be “normal,” whatever that is any way. Change, especially
in the church always brings on some tension. This is where Paul’s words to the changing church
in Philippi can help us. He says, “Do everything without grumbling.” (Philippians 2:14) Some
changes you will easily embrace, others you may tolerate and still others you may not like at all.
Please understand, no changes to our worship experience are made simply because we want
change. All adjustments were discussed at length and agreed on by our Re-opening Task Force.
Below are some of the changes you may recognize.
• Social distancing will be practiced (6 feet apart)
N Alternating pews will be used for seating
P You are asked to wait to be seated as ushers direct you
• Families households can sit together, but others must practice social distancing
• Hand sanitizing stations will be located at entrances and in the sanctuary
• Masks and gloves will be available, but you are encouraged to bring your own
• Doors will be propped open to prevent surface touching
• Offering plates will not be passed but places to leave your tithes and offering will be in
both places of worship
• Please don’t shake hands or hug necks
• Because we cannot use hymnals, moveable tv monitors will be located around the
sanctuary where announcements, hymn and song words, scripture, etc. will be displayed
• Bulletins will be included in the weekly email for those who are unable to attend in person
• Sunday school, children’s church and nursery services will begin at later dates
One final word of caution and grace. If you have any symptoms such as a fever above 100.4 or
have been exposed to anyone with the COVID 19 virus, please stay home and take care of yourself.
Many people are hesitant to return for in-person worship. That is understandable and I encourage
you not to feel guilty. Troy First will continue to broadcast on Troy Cable channel 2 and on
Facebook Live as well as YouTube Studio 52 Productions TC2. Please join us as we worship the